Taking Care of Your Relationship
Parenting a toddler can be a very stressful time in a relationship. It is easy for parents to neglect each other because the toddler can take most of the focus and energy of the family. It is important that you find time to take care of your relationship. Here are some ways to nurture your relationship:
- Go on regular dates together. Write them on your calendar and have a babysitter or trusted family member take care of your toddler.
- Make mid‑week dates, even if it is just for a coffee. Use this time to reconnect.
- Make time for a healthy sexual relationship.
- If possible, travel to and from work together.
- Take an evening class together.
- Plan and cook meals together.
Connect every day. This could be some quiet time before your toddler is up in the morning or after bed in the evening. Even 10 minutes to talk about the day may work.